Cranberry Crunch Coffee Cake Recipe
This is my all-time favorite coffee cake. It’s great for breakfast, brunch or a snack. The tangy cranberries add a burst of color and the lemon-flavored streusel adds a unique flavor twist.—Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, oil, butter and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the sugar mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition. Stir in cranberries and lemon peel.
- 2. Pour half of the batter into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle half of topping over the batter. Repeat layers.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 337 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Crunch Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC