This is my all-time favorite coffee cake. It’s great for breakfast, brunch or a snack. The tangy cranberries add a burst of color and the lemon-flavored streusel adds a unique flavor twist.—Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, oil, butter and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the sugar mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition. Stir in cranberries and lemon peel.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle half of topping over the batter. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Crunch Coffee Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p117
Reviews for Cranberry Crunch Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review