Cranberry Crunch Cake
New Jersey is known for its cranberries and this cake is a delicious way to use them. The marshmallows melt and seep through the cake, making it moist and very tasty. It's great for brunch, or just with a cup of coffee!
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; beat until well
- combine. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk and vanilla to egg mixture.
- Fold in cranberries. Spread batter in a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish. Sprinkle with marshmallows; press into batter. Sprinkle
- with brown sugar and nuts. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 256 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium,