New Jersey is known for its cranberries, and this cake is a delicious way to use them. The marshmallows melt and seep through the cake, making it moist and very tasty. It’s great for brunch or just with a cup of coffee! —Adelaide Krumm, Manasquan, New Jersey
Featured In: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; beat until well combined. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture alternately with milk and vanilla to egg mixture. Fold in cranberries. Spread batter in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with marshmallows; press into batter. Sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Crunch Cake in Country October/November 1990, p47
Reviews for Cranberry Crunch Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2017
"I don't have a review I would like to know if this is fresh cranberries."