Cranberry Crumble Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. Sprinkle almonds over the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside. In a bowl, cream the sugar, butter and vanilla; beat on medium for 1-2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Combine dry ingredients; add to batter alternately with sour cream. Mix well. Spread 3 cups over almonds. Spoon cranberry sauce over batter. Top with remaining batter.
- 3. For topping, combine flour, sugar, almonds and vanilla; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; remove sides of pan. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 368 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Crumble Coffee Cake
"Actually, I have used this recipe from time to time and I did make adjustments to this recipe. As there are people who may have an allergy to nuts, I omitted the choppedalmonds on the bottom of the cake. I used 1 tsp. of salt instead of 1/4 tsp. and I also used 3/4 cup of whole-berry cranberrysauce plus 1/4 cup ground Navel orange.I think that the orange brings out the flavor and makes for a nice tangy filling!For the Topping, I used 1/4 cup EACH sugar and firmly packed brown sugar & added 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon to the topping mixture. I did omit the almonds for the topping. I found that for me, the baking time worked out to bake 60 to 70 minutes & test for doneness with a caketester (or a toothpick). I've taken this coffee cake to our chapel from time to timefor our Sunday coffee breaks and this cake has been enjoyed very much! My mother has enjoyed this coffee cake, too!Dawn E. Lowenstein"
"This is awesome!!! I used raspberry pie filling in place of cranberries and it was DELISH!"
"Made this for years. Very good!"
"Made this cake numerous times. A winner in my household!"
"This was a great way to use the unused cranberry sauce and sour cream from Thanksgiving."
"Opps! I also used my own cranberry sauce. I just put a bag of frozen cranberries in the food processor, along with a peeled orange..."
"Everyone loved it...I added maybe 1/2c. sliced almonds on the bottom, and also 1/2 tsp. almond extract, and it made a delicious Cranberry Almond Coffee Cake...one guest loved it so much, he ate 3 pieces!"
"IT IS VERY NAIS"
"Think Mango Puree! Available frozen & canned or make your own from dried or fresh. Try sub. toasted coconut in toppingfor a cake that will make you think vacation in the islands."
"How about cherry,blueberry, pineapple pie filling or apricot or raspberry preserves. Deannie"
"What could be used instead of cranberry sauce? I love all of the other ingredients, just not to crazy about cranberries!"