Cranberry Crumb Cake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk, orange juice, oil and extract; stir into dry ingredients. Spoon into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine cranberries and remaining sugar; spoon over batter.
- 2. For topping, combine flour and sugar in a small bowl; cut in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over cranberries. Bake at 375° for 35-45 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 212 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Crumb Cake
"Easy & excellent. The only change I made was that I used dried craisins instead of cranberries. I used 1 1/2 cups instead of the amount called for in the recipe."