Cranberry Crumb Bars Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in the butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add milk and lemon juice. Pour over crust. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and brown sugar. Stir in the cranberry sauce until combined. Spoon over cream cheese layer. For topping, combine the flour and brown sugar in a bowl; cut in butter. Fold in walnuts. Sprinkle over filling.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours before cutting. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 each: 407 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Cranberry Crumb Bars
"Very good bars, not real sweet, so a nice change, from all the sweets at this time of the year. I did not have the canned whole berry sauce, so took fresh cranberries and cooked them with some brown sugar, and that worked good."
"This is one of my favorites. It is a crowd pleaser, and great for the holidays. Sharon"
"I made this with cherry and apple, it was great"
"cranberry is good, but I liked it better with cherry"
"I made this for a work lunch it was a big hit"