Cranberry Crumb Bars Recipe
This family favorite from Charlene Baert of Winnipeg, Manitoba features cream cheese and cranberry fillings, a tender crust and a nutty crunch.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in the butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add milk and lemon juice. Pour over crust. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and brown sugar. Stir in the cranberry sauce until combined. Spoon over cream cheese layer. For topping, combine the flour and brown sugar in a bowl; cut in butter. Fold in walnuts. Sprinkle over filling.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours before cutting. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 407 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Crumb Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC