Cranberry Crisps Recipe
I developed this recipe after sampling a similar cookie while traveling in North Carolina. These pretty cookies keep well in the freezer, so I always have some on hand for midday munching.
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/3 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 214 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Crisps
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC