At holiday rush time, you can't go wrong with these simple cookies shared by LaVern Kraft of Lytton, Iowa. They're a snap to stir up with a boxed quick bread mix, and they bake up crisp and delicious.
15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 package (15.6 ounces) cranberry-orange quick bread mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the bread mix, butter, walnuts and egg. Stir
- in cranberries. Roll into 1-1/4-in. balls. Place 3 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets. Flatten to 1/8-in. thickness with a glass
- dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 223 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.