At holiday rush time, you can't go wrong with these simple cookies shared by LaVern Kraft of Lytton, Iowa. They're a snap to stir up with a boxed quick bread mix, and they bake up crisp and delicious.
- 1 package (15.6 ounces) cranberry-orange quick bread mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the bread mix, butter, walnuts and egg. Stir in cranberries. Roll into 1-1/4-in. balls. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten to 1/8-in. thickness with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Crispies in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p58
Reviews for Cranberry Crispies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review