This delightful gelatin cream brings Christmas meals to a happy ending. It's not heavy, and I relish its zesty goodness.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min.
- 2-1/2 cups orange juice, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 to 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- Corn syrup and sugar
- In a saucepan, combine 3/4 cup orange juice, cranberry sauce and
- gelatin. Mash and cook over medium-low heat until gelatin is
- dissolved. Stir in remaining orange juice. Chill until mixture
- begins to thicken, about 2-1/2 hours.
- Beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into gelatin mixture. Pour
- into an 8-cup serving bowl; refrigerate until firm. Garnish with
- oranges. Brush cranberries with corn syrup; sprinkle with sugar.
- Place over oranges. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 282 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.