This delightful gelatin cream brings Christmas meals to a happy ending. It's not heavy, and I relish its zesty goodness.
- 2-1/2 cups orange juice, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 to 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- Corn syrup and sugar
- In a saucepan, combine 3/4 cup orange juice, cranberry sauce and gelatin. Mash and cook over medium-low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in remaining orange juice. Chill until mixture begins to thicken, about 2-1/2 hours.
- Beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into gelatin mixture. Pour into an 8-cup serving bowl; refrigerate until firm. Garnish with oranges. Brush cranberries with corn syrup; sprinkle with sugar. Place over oranges. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Cream in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p41
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cranberry Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review