Cranberry Cream Delight
From Uvalde, Texas, Judy Heiser shares this fun alternative to ice cream or sorbet for dessert. Chock-full of walnuts, cranberries and pineapple, the frozen fluff also can be served on lettuce leaves as a refreshing side dish.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until smooth. Stir
- in cranberry sauce and pineapple. Fold in whipped topping and nuts.
- Pour into a freezer-proof serving bowl. Cover and freeze for up to 3
- months. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Yield:
- 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 220 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.