Cranberry Cream Cheese Muffins Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 package (15.6 ounces) cranberry-orange quick bread mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons sugar until smooth; set aside. Place the bread mix in another bowl. Combine the milk, oil and egg; stir into bread mix just until moistened.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full with batter. Place 2 teaspoons cream cheese mixture in the center of each; top with remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 272 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Cranberry Cream Cheese Muffins
"These muffins are fabulous! I've been making them for years and I get asked for the recipe every time someone new tries them. The only problem now, is that I'm starting to have a hard time finding the quick bread mix."
"am looking for recipes that are homemade, not box made, plus canola oil should be substituted for coconut oil, much healthier."