Cranberry Cream Cheese Muffins Recipe
The sweet creamy filling in these cranberry muffins makes them popular at my house. The tender treats also have a crispy sugar topping that is bound to be a hit. -Sharon Hartman, Twin Falls, Idaho
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 package (15.6 ounces) cranberry-orange quick bread mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons sugar until smooth; set aside. Place the bread mix in another bowl. Combine the milk, oil and egg; stir into bread mix just until moistened.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full with batter. Place 2 teaspoons cream cheese mixture in the center of each; top with remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 272 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Cream Cheese Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC