For a brunch, my friend made this French toast with blueberries, but I make mine with fresh cranberry sauce. Either way, it’s divine. —Sandie Heindel, Liberty, Missouri
Featured In: Our Berriest Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 cups cubed French bread (about 12 ounces)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Additional maple syrup, optional
- Arrange half of the bread in a single layer in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with cream cheese and spoonfuls of cranberry sauce. Top with remaining bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 1/3 cup syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended. Pour over casserole. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Remove casserole from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with additional maple syrup. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Cream Cheese French Toast in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015
Reviews forCranberry Cream Cheese French Toast
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2017
"Oh this is tasty! Definitely a keeper."
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2015
"Simple, tasty brunch dish. My husband isn't a huge fan of cream cheese so this was too much cream cheese for him."