- 12 cups cubed French bread (about 12 ounces)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Additional maple syrup, optional
- Arrange half of the bread in a single layer in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with cream cheese and spoonfuls of cranberry sauce. Arrange remaining bread over top.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 1/3 cup syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended. Pour over casserole. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats.
- Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with additional maple syrup. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Cream Cheese French Toast
"This recipe was delicious but I had to extend my baking time. The time it said to bake it was not long enough the eggs were still not set. Another 20 minutes did the trick."
"Simple, tasty brunch dish. My husband isn't a huge fan of cream cheese so this was too much cream cheese for him."