Although it looks like a grain, couscous is actually a type of pasta. The couscous pellets cook very quickly due to their small size. You’ll find it near the Middle Eastern or Mediterranean foods.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Bring broth and butter to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in the
- couscous, cranberries and onions. Remove from the heat. Cover and
- let stand for 5 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Fluff with a
- fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 202 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.