From Northumberland, New York, Carol Miller sent the recipe for this satisfying salad with its interesting mix of good for you ingredients.
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the couscous, cranberries, carrots, cucumber and green onions. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over couscous mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, stir in almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Couscous Salad in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p50
Reviews for Cranberry Couscous Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2008
"This is one of the best recipies for couscous I have ever tried."