- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Bring broth and butter to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in the couscous, cranberries and onions. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Couscous
"OK but nothing special as written. I would try some of the additions others mentioned next time."
"This couscous is absolutely delicious! I made homemade chicken stock and added extra cranberries and onions and just a pinch of salt. The result was amazing. I will definitely make this again."
"I had some leftover mulled cranberry drink and dried cherries from the Christmas holiday, so I substituted the broth and cranberries with these ingredients. It had a very pleasant fruity flavor and was a nice breakfast treat. I'm sure it would be equally good as a side dish with chicken or pork."
"One of my favorite recipes I've made countless times since it was published in 2005. It was one of those recipes that (at the time) I thought the combination of ingredients was so weird/unusual that I just had to try it. And I've loved it ever since!"