- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large fennel bulb, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 4 cups soft French or Italian bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh savory
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 cup broth, cornmeal, salt and pepper until smooth. In a large saucepan, bring remaining broth to a boil. Add cornmeal mixture, stirring constantly. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Crumble sausage into a large nonstick skillet; add onion and fennel. Cook over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in egg yolk and cornmeal mixture. Add bread crumbs, cranberries, parsley, vinegar, sage, savory and nutmeg.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Cornmeal Dressing in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p49
Reviews for Cranberry Cornmeal Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2009
This recipe is absolutely awesome and definitely a keeper. My family absolutely loves it and we'll be making it many more times.