Cranberry Cornmeal Cake Recipe
Cornmeal gives a pleasant texture to this moist golden cake. With colorful cranberries and raisins on top, it's a delectable dessert that looks impressive at special events. Friends and family will never guess it's so quick to put together. -Emma Magielda, Amsterdam, New York
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- Melt 1/4 cup butter; pour into an ungreased 9-in. round baking pan. Tilt to grease sides of pan. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup brown sugar. Top with cranberries and raisins; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the remaining butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cornmeal and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Carefully spread over cranberries and raisins.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Cornmeal Cake in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p37
Reviews for Cranberry Cornmeal Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review