During the holidays, I make several pans of this sweet cake-like corn bread for family and friends. Whole blueberries--coated in flour--can be used in place of the cranberries.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup cranberries, halved
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; mix well. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Fold in cranberries.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Corn Bread in Country Extra January 2004, p49
Reviews for Cranberry Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2013
"Excellent recipe. I used my food processor to chop up the cranberries. I also substituted half the flour with wheat flour."