Cranberry Corn Bread Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. Place cranberries in a small bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the muffin mix, onion powder and sage. In another bowl, whisk the egg, corn and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the pecans, orange peel and cranberries.
Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake uncovered at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until set.
Freeze option: Cool baked corn bread in pan; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Reheat corn bread 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece equals 216 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Corn Bread Casserole
"something different i liked it alot"
"i'm a sucker for any type of corn bread - this one didn't disappoint. loved it."
"This was very good but a little on the heavy side."