Cranberry Corn Bread Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Place cranberries in a small bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the muffin mix, onion powder and sage. In another bowl, whisk the egg, corn and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the pecans, orange peel and cranberries.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake uncovered at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Corn Bread Casserole in Country Woman October/November 2011, p26
Reviews for Cranberry Corn Bread Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2014
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2012
i'm a sucker for any type of corn bread - this one didn't disappoint. loved it.
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2011
This was very good but a little on the heavy side.