During the holidays, I make several pans of this sweet cake-like corn bread for family and friends. Whole blueberries--coated in flour--can be used in place of the cranberries.
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup cranberries, halved
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; mix well. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Fold in cranberries.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Corn Bread in Country Extra January 2004, p49
Reviews forCranberry Corn Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2013
"Excellent recipe. I used my food processor to chop up the cranberries. I also substituted half the flour with wheat flour."