Cranberry Confetti Rice Recipe
Dried cranberries lend a splash of color to this appealing recipe. “I think it makes a great side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas,” says Lora Billmire of Spokane, Washington.
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion and celery in oil until tender. Add the broth, rice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add almonds and cranberries.
- 2. Cover and simmer 9-11 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 226 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Confetti Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC