This best-of-the-season dish adds to the beauty and bounty of any holiday spread. Whether served warm or cold, it's a delectable fruity treat for the taste buds as well as for the eyes when it's presented in a clear glass bowl.
-Carole Dishman, Hampton, Virginia
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until cranberries
- pop and apples are tender. Add the peaches and apricots; heat
- through. Stir in pecans; serve warm or chilled. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 6 cups.