Cranberry Compote Recipe
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until cranberries pop and apples are tender. Add the peaches and apricots; heat through. Stir in pecans; serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews for Cranberry Compote(7)
Sort By :
I made this last year and it instantly became a family favorite!
My mother-n-law loved this! It has an old fashioned flavor similar to canned spiced apples only better.
I first made this recipe over 10 years ago, and it is still a hit. I am ask to make it every Thanksgiving. I always omit the orange peel because to me it has a bitter taste.
This recipe has become a tradition for my family at Thanksgiving. The kids say, "what is compote"? It is stewed fruit. Thanksgiving seems like one should serve some cranberry dish...and this is it! The kitchen smells wonderful as this cooks on the stove and it is good warm or cold!
Wonderful Flavor! I did make a few changes though..I was out of orange juice so I used cherry juice, & I did not have golden raisins so I used dried currents! Very happy with the way this turned out!