"This recipe was given to me by a former neighbor," pens Doris Brearley from Vestal, New York. The yummy cake relies on baking mix, canned cranberry sauce and an easy nut topping, so it's truly a quick bread.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar, milk and egg. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Drop cranberry sauce by teaspoonfuls over batter. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over cranberry sauce.
- Bake at 400° for 18-23 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p48
Reviews for Cranberry Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review