- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar, milk and egg. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Drop cranberry sauce by teaspoonfuls over batter. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over cranberry sauce.
- Bake at 400° for 18-23 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"Mu husband likes a particular coffee cake and frowns on any other that I attempt to serve him - till this one. He's been happily eating this coffee cake every morning and just had a piece for a snack. "Where did you get this recipe?" he asked me. "It's really GOOD!" I asked him if it is moist enough and he said yes, very...which is great because I find cakes made with Bisquick to be kind of dry sometimes. I have already added this recipe to my "Favorites" because Jack loves it and it was very quick and easy to make. The only thing I did differently was to add a dash of almond flavoring to the glaze since almond goes so well with cranberry! Thank you for this "keeper" of a recipe!"
"I was so excited to see this recipe and had to try it since Doris Brearley is one of the best cooks in NYS! I lived with the Brearley family in Vestal when I was a 1st-year teacher in 1968-69. Many of her recipes are among my cherished collection of family favorites to this day! You've still got it, Mrs. B! I love you!Mary Dillon, Midlothian, VA"