Cranberry Coconut Bars Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, pecans, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Combine the eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla; add to the dry ingredients. Fold in the cranberries, coconut, pecans and orange peel. Pour over crust. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 to 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 200 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Coconut Bars
"I made this for a family Christmas gathering on Dec. 15 2013 it was a big hit. Everyone raved about it and asked for the recipe which I gladly shared. I reduced the sugar a bit and it is still very sweet, next time I will reduce the sugar again. You need to watch them rather closely and judge the doneness/browning. I had no difficulty getting them out of the pan and used a pizza wheel to divide them, it worked very well.I highly recommend this easy delicious recipe.""
"The directions are mixed with another recipe."
"There was no mention of reserving some of the topping???? As a seasoned baker l allowed for this but a novice would have been left in the lurch! otherwise not a bad square."
"The picture for this recipie shows a topping. However the instructions say nothing about setting aside 1/2 of the crust ingredients to use as topping, or if there is something else to use for the topping - it just says to bake the crust, then add the filling and bake again - so what's that on top in the picture - or is this the wrong picture?"
"The way the directions are written for this recipe does not match the photo. I'm sure some of the crust ingredients should be reserved to sprinkle on top, but how much?"
"You have two recipes on your site. The above, Cranberry Pecan Bars is different than the Coconut Cranberry Bars I was questioning. I'll figure out what to do by myself.Revelee"
"Sounds delicious. However, I don't think the instructions are correct. The picture shows a top crust, but the directions say to fold in the cranberries AND the coconut, pecans and orange peel. No directions for the topping. Mistake??? Would love to try these."
"Fabulous way to take advantage of fresh cranberries and create the perfect fall dessert!"