Cranberry Coconut Bars Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, pecans, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Combine the eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla; add to the dry ingredients. Fold in the cranberries, coconut, pecans and orange peel. Pour over crust. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 to 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Coconut Bars(8)
Sort By :
My mother-in-law used to make something similar only using canned cherry pie filling..so good and easy.
The directions are mixed with another recipe.
There was no mention of reserving some of the topping???? As a seasoned baker l allowed for this but a novice would have been left in the lurch! otherwise not a bad square.
The picture for this recipie shows a topping. However the instructions say nothing about setting aside 1/2 of the crust ingredients to use as topping, or if there is something else to use for the topping - it just says to bake the crust, then add the filling and bake again - so what's that on top in the picture - or is this the wrong picture?
The way the directions are written for this recipe does not match the photo. I'm sure some of the crust ingredients should be reserved to sprinkle on top, but how much?