Cranberry Cobblescones Recipe
My clever, scone-like treats signal the start of the Christmas season at our house. The whole family loves the sweet-tart taste of cranberries sandwiched between tender dough.151;Lori Steward, Duluth, Minnesota
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs
- about 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Grease a 16-in. sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Place eggs in a measuring cup. Add enough cream to measure 3/4 cup; stir into crumb mixture. Knead just until dough forms a ball, about 1 minute. Turn onto prepared foil; roll out into a 16-in. x 8-in. rectangle.
- 2. For filling, combine the sugars, cornstarch and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Stir in cranberry sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute or until thickened; remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- 3. Spread filling widthwise over half of the rectangle. Fold dough over filling, forming an 8-in. square; seal edges. Transfer foil with dough to a greased baking sheet.
- 4. Brush with milk. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Cut into 2-in. squares (do not separate). Bake at 425° for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 scones.
1 each: 153 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cranberry Cobblescones
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC