Children of all ages will have a ball assembling these yummy treats that start with plain white bread and other fuss-free ingredients. "Cranberry sauce gives these appetizers lots of holiday appeal," notes Dorothy Pritchett from Wills Point, Texas.
- 12 slices bread, crusts removed
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2/3 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Spread bread with 2 tablespoons butter. Spread each buttered slice with about 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce. Roll up jelly-roll style; secure with a toothpick if desired. In a shallow microwave-safe bowl, heat the remaining butter in the microwave until melted. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in another shallow bowl. Dip roll-ups in butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until browned. Remove toothpicks before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Cinnamon Roll-Ups in Quick Cooking December 2000, p40
Reviews for Cranberry Cinnamon Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2015
"No. Just no."
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2009
"Works better if bread is falttened with a rolling-pin. Bread wants to break apart otherwise."