Cranberry Chutney Recipe
- 4 cups (1 pound) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Add the apple, raisins and celery. Simmer, uncovered, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 3 cups.
2 tablespoons: 70 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Cranberry Chutney
"Everyone loves this! It was a great hit with Christmas ham, and also over cream cheese with crackers as a snack."
"This is a great cranberry chutney, even the people that normally would not have any cranberry sauce with their meal really liked this. I have also used it with pork. Just love this one."
"Very good but will omit the cinnamon next time. Makes a great side dish with poultry."
"This is so delicious! I served it for Thanksgiving this year instead of cranberry sauce, and everyone loved it. The recipe makes a lot, so I shared some with friends, who also loved it and requested the recipe to make for their next holiday meal. This will be a staple during the holidays from now on!"
"I changed the recipe some. Instead of white sugar I used Splenda and used only 1/4 cup packed brown sugar. I would give it a 5 star rating and will make it again. Perhaps the next time I will use the Splenda brown sugar if I have some."
"Made this for my leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches. It is easy and delicious!"
"Very good with turkey and Dressing!"