Cranberry Chutney Recipe
You can serve this chunky chutney over cream cheese or Brie with crackers, or as a condiment with roast pork or poultry. Either way, its slightly tart flavor and deep red hue lend a festive flair to the table. —Karyn Gordon, Rockledge, Florida
- 4 cups (1 pound) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Add the apple, raisins and celery. Simmer, uncovered, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 3 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 70 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Chutney
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC