Cranberry-Chutney Turkey Salad
Dried cranberries give this refreshing salad sweetness while chopped pecans lead a pleasant crunch. Whether served on a lettuce leaf or stuffed inside a pita, it makes a perfect lunch or midday snack.
:Andrea Yacyk of Brigantine, New Jersey
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups diced cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Leaf lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, cranberries, pecans, onion and
- green pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice,
- ginger and cayenne.
- Pour over turkey mixture; stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate
- until serving. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 226 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat,