Cranberry-topped crostinis look very attractive on a holiday appetizer buffet. Every bite has the perfect balance of sweet, tart and savory flavors.—Cheryl Woodson, Liberty, Missouri
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Minced chives, optional
- For chutney, in a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Add 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add walnuts and remaining water; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until berries pop and chutney is thickened.
- Meanwhile, place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine cream cheese and Gorgonzola until smooth. Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons over each bread slice; top each with 1 tablespoon chutney. Sprinkle with chives if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Chutney Crostini in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p6
Reviews for Cranberry Chutney Crostini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review