Cranberry-Chocolate Oatmeal Bars Recipe
"I love the combination of cranberries and chocolate, particularly in this recipe," says Dayton, Washington's Ann Michelson. "You can substitute dried cherries for the cranberries. And you can also make drop cookies instead of bars."
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Whisk the eggs, egg whites, sugar substitute, applesauce, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in dried cranberries.
- 2. Spread into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16 servings.
1 bar equals 135 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cranberry-Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC