Cranberry-Chocolate Ice Cream
Cranberry are a wonderful tasting berry so incorporating when in an ice cream was a no-brainer. The sweetness of the chocolate is also yummy.—Marilou Robinson, Portland, Oregon
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coursely chopped or 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook cranberries and orange juice
- until cranberries pop, about 8 minutes. Place in food processor or
- blender; add extract and pulse for about 5 minutes or until coarsely
- chopped. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Place ice cream in a large bowl; fold in cranberry mixture and
- chocolate. Serve immediately or cover and freeze. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 170 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.