Cranberry-Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coursely chopped or 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook cranberries and orange juice until cranberries pop, about 8 minutes. Place in food processor or blender; add extract and pulse for about 5 minutes or until coarsely chopped. Freeze 10 minutes.
- 2. Place ice cream in a large bowl; fold in cranberry mixture and chocolate. Serve immediately or cover and freeze. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 170 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry-Chocolate Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.