Cranberry-Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a 1-qt. glass container, layer flour mixture, brown sugar, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, cranberries, walnuts, oats and remaining chips. Cover and store in a cool dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups total).
- 2. To prepare cookies: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, egg and vanilla until blended. Add cookie mix and mix well.
- 3. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 129 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Cranberry-Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
"These cookies are really wonderful! I used quart zip-lock bags, tied with beautiful ribbon, since I was making 24 of them for our women's group Christmas party at church. (I also tied in a small wooden spoon into each ribbon.) I used mini chocolate chips, all in one layer (instead of 2 layers according to the directions) and cut the amount down from 1 cup to 1/2 cup total, chopped the cranberries and used 1/3 cup per recipe, chopped walnuts fairly small and used 1/3 cup per recipe. VERY IMPORTANT: I also added 2 tablespoons of water, which made a HUGE difference.!!! My first pan was way too dry and crumbly, did not flatten or spread. I added 1 tablespoon water (since I only had half the dough left) and it made a huge difference. I ALSO flattened each cookie some. They spread and were perfect! The amount of chocolate chips is just right; adding the mini-chips makes them go farther and I honestly did not miss the other 1/2 cup of chips! Making this many recipes was quite an investment and I thought I could cut corners just a little by reducing expensive chocolate chips, walnuts and dried cranberries. It worked just fine!! LOVE THESE!!"
"Excellent cookie the only thing I had to change was to add a little water to get it all mixed"