- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a 1-qt. glass container, layer flour mixture, brown sugar, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, cranberries, walnuts, oats and remaining chips. Cover and store in a cool dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups total).
- To prepare cookies: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, egg and vanilla until blended. Add cookie mix and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry-Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
"These cookies are really wonderful! I used quart zip-lock bags, tied with beautiful ribbon, since I was making 24 of them for our women's group Christmas party at church. (I also tied in a small wooden spoon into each ribbon.) I used mini chocolate chips, all in one layer (instead of 2 layers according to the directions) and cut the amount down from 1 cup to 1/2 cup total, chopped the cranberries and used 1/3 cup per recipe, chopped walnuts fairly small and used 1/3 cup per recipe. VERY IMPORTANT: I also added 2 tablespoons of water, which made a HUGE difference.!!! My first pan was way too dry and crumbly, did not flatten or spread. I added 1 tablespoon water (since I only had half the dough left) and it made a huge difference. I ALSO flattened each cookie some. They spread and were perfect! The amount of chocolate chips is just right; adding the mini-chips makes them go farther and I honestly did not miss the other 1/2 cup of chips! Making this many recipes was quite an investment and I thought I could cut corners just a little by reducing expensive chocolate chips, walnuts and dried cranberries. It worked just fine!! LOVE THESE!!"
"These were GREAT !!!!! I used white chocolate chips in place of regular chocolate chip but my family loved the flavor of the switch. And these were really easy for my toddler son to help put together."
"Excellent cookie the only thing I had to change was to add a little water to get it all mixed"