These simple pancakes from Aris Gonzalez taste so great, you don't even need syrup! The Deltona, Florida cook livens up breakfast by adding cranberries, orange juice and vanilla chips to a classic pancake batter. This one's sure to be a family favorite!
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 cup complete pancake mix
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup vanilla or white chips
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the cranberries and 1/2 cup water until berries pop, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, orange juice, orange peel and remaining water just until moistened. Fold in chips. Drain cranberries; fold into batter.
- Pour by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 6 pancakes.
Originally published as Cranberry Chip Pancakes in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p54
Reviews for Cranberry Chip Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review