Cranberry Chip Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the orange juice, oil and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cranberries, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 each: 314 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Chip Muffins
"One of our favorite muffins! I double the recipe which includes 1 whole egg."