Round out breakfast in bed with these yummy muffins from Vineland, New Jersey’s TerryAnn Moore. “I like to serve them warm with cream cheese, orange marmalade or jellied whole cranberry sauce…and a pitcher of mimosas!” she notes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the orange juice, oil and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cranberries, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
Originally published as Cranberry Chip Muffins in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p39
Reviews for Cranberry Chip Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2013
"One of our favorite muffins! I double the recipe which includes 1 whole egg."