Monkey bread is no stranger at our house, but I wanted a holiday version. This one with cranberries and eggnog is a breakfast treat or knockout dessert. —Katherine Wollgast, Florissant, MO
Recommended: Our Best Coffee Cake Recipes Ever
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tubes (7-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon rum or vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons eggnog
- Optional toppings: additional dried cranberries, white baking chips and chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Cut each biscuit into quarters; add to sugar mixture and toss to coat. Arrange half of the biscuits in a greased 10-in. tube pan. Sprinkle with baking chips, cranberries and walnuts. Top with remaining biscuits.
- In a microwave, melt butter. Stir in eggnog and remaining sugar until blended; pour over biscuits.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, extract and enough eggnog to reach a drizzling consistency. Spoon over warm bread. Sprinkle with toppings as desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Chip Monkey Bread in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Reviews for Cranberry Chip Monkey Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review