Cranberry Chili Salsa Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground allspice, cinnamon and cumin
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Place the cranberries, sugar, chilies, cilantro, onions, lime juice, peel and spices in a food processor; cover and pulse just until blended. Transfer to a serving bowl; chill until serving. Serve with chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 78 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.