Cranberry Chiffon Pie Recipe
After hearty Thanksgiving meal where most of us eat too much, it's nice to offer this refreshing light dessert. The rosy color is a nice addition to the table. —Iva Combs, Medford, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package (3 ounces) cranberry or strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. pie plate.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For filling, in a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in cranberry sauce, cranberry juice and orange peel. Cover and refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 1 hour. Fold in whipped cream. pour into crust. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 420 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC