Cranberry Chiffon Pie Recipe
After hearty Thanksgiving meal where most of us eat too much, it's nice to offer this refreshing light dessert. The rosy color is a nice addition to the table. Iva Combs, Medford, Oregon
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package (3 ounces) cranberry or strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in cranberry sauce, cranberry juice and orange peel. Cover and refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 1 hour. Fold in whipped cream. pour into crust. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Chiffon Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p150
Reviews for Cranberry Chiffon Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Crust Recipes >
- Pie Crust Recipes with Butter >
- Pie Recipes >