Cranberry Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce, onion, celery, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cranberry Chicken(20)
Sort By :
Awesome, a hint of orange added is also good...you can use juice and/or grated peel.
Loved this recipe. The chicken was moist and delicious.
I have used this recipe three times in the month or so since I "found" it online. I used a boneless pork roast each time, and used the jellied cranberry sauce. The only thing I did differently is to season, flour and brown the roast before adding the rest of the ingredients. This dish was fabulous! I made it for a family of 9 who were moving, and they loved it too! The roast was moist and the sauce is so good I could just eat it with a spoon - and I don't like cranberries!
Very good. I used leftover homemade whole cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving and a combination of Bull's Eye BBQ sauce and Sweet Baby Rays.
This recipe is a keeper! It is delicious and couldn't be easier. If you like rice, I think that suggestion is a good one, but my husband and son prefer a baked potato. I served the extra sauce on the side and we actually heaped it on the slices of pork roast as it was delicious! I used a 3 lb. boneless pork roast cut in half for this recipe, and used my slow cooker, but did put it in the oven for the last hour or so at 325. The sauce was delicious but too thin, so I thickened it with cornstarch mixed in water before even removing the roast from the pan. Oh, I also used the cranberry jell as we do not care for the whole berries. Just whisked it with the barbewque sauce and added the rest. Did i mention this is a beautiful sight? it will make you look like a pro! Thanks for sharing, Edith!
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice >