I've been married for 42 years and have 3 children and 2 grandchildren. I love to collect cookbooks and try new recipes. This dish is delicious, easy and good when served with rice and a side vegetable.Edith Holliday, Flushing, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the
- cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce, onion, celery, salt and pepper;
- pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until
- chicken is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked chicken with 1/2 cup sauce (calculated without rice) equals 381 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 672 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.