—Debbie Emrick, Dundee, Michigan
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 medium tart green apples, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, onion powder and salt; rub over chicken. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3 to 4-1/2 minutes on each side or until meat thermometer reads 170°. When cool enough to handle, cut chicken into cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk mayonnaise and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in the chicken, apples, cranberries and onion. Serve on lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Chicken Salad in Country Woman November/December 2002, p36
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cranberry Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2011
"I used chicken thighs and broiled them. Very yummy! Received rave reviews!~ Theresa"