Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons Miracle Whip Light
- 8 dinner rolls
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the chicken, cranberries, onion, celery, salt and pepper. Stir in Miracle Whip.
- 2. Cut tops off rolls; hollow out each roll, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Line each with a lettuce leaf; fill with chicken salad. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Miracle Whip Light salad dressing.
2 each: 354 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 796mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwiches
"This is a quick, easy lunch recipe to make with leftover chicken (breast and legs). I skipped the onions and added some crunchiness with about 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts. I prefer to add a little bit of "acidity", using some chopped tomatoes. This made a good combination. I will pack lunches with this recipe."
"I made these for a special luncheon. Everyone thought they were great. I used the canned chunk chicken. It worked great. I will make these again."